Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Step 7: Remembering When

It's been several years now since I quit posting to this blog. I sold the Mirage to a guy from Portland who had big plans for it, and I fully believed he would finish it up. I can only guess at the journey it has taken since it left here. I'm very sad to hear it is moldy, and sitting somewhere in a state of disrepair, but my curiosity calls to me, and I would like to see it again. Christine, if you see this posting, let me know. Give me some kind of contact for you, and I will come see you (and the Mirage) on my next visit to your beautiful city.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I JUST saw your email and this post. I rarely check my gmail account, but glad I did. For YOUR viewers, I'll give a super quick synopsis, then later I'm going to be posting more info because I'm FINALLY getting around to it:
    Brief timeline:
    1. Had been watching listings of toyota rv's for about a year and saw the Mirage come up. Went and bought it. I call it "the dubious purchase", among other things.
    2. Had great intentions, it appeared to need only basic but extensive cleaning.
    3. Interior ceiling grows mold, tracked down the reason after TWO winters.. sprayed fiberglass chop easily harbors mold, but it's hard to properly solve.
    4. didn't have time for it for 2 years, was cause of much "discussion" in the household
    5. recently back on it, going to have the interior ground/sanded, put on a layer of glass and gel coat. it will never harbor mold again
    6. expect to spend much more than it is "worth" on the market, but who can put a price on AWESOME?
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.don't know if you will see this or not, but I have an 85 Mirage, and it's in terrific shape. I'm considering selling but have no idea where to start with price or advertising. Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janna
      Do u still have the mirage?

      Delete
    2. I'm anxiously looking for a mirage. Am not really concerned about overall condition.Being a class A auto mechanic, mechanical problems are more luring to me than other problems but as stated: any condition is ok. Rob from Jersey shore.

      Delete