Thursday, May 6, 2010

Step 4: Wheels and Tires


Today I needed to change out the good tires that were on the old Mirage wheels with the old tires on the dually rims that came with the Dolphin. So I loaded up all the wheels and tires in my trailer and headed to the tire shop.

I had reserved 4 tires for my SUV the evening before, so they knew I was coming. When I got there, they were very busy, so I took off my sweatshirt, and dove in with the guys at the shop. I had done tire work many years ago, and it was really fun showing my skills as we threw wheels and tires around. I even helped with a car that came in for 4 tires. We had a great time! While I was changing out all of these tires, I realized that the dually rims needed to be cleaned up and painted, so I did not mount tires back on those 6 rims at this time.

Everything back in the trailer again, and away I went. I swung by Autozone and picked up 2 new shocks for the front of the Mirage on my way to Home Depot for some painting supplies, and some other supplies for the Mirage interior.

When I arrived at home, I put the old Mirage rims on the Dolphin, so I can still move it around. I installed the new shocks on the front of the Mirage and started sanding those 6 dually wheels. Needless to say, it was starting to get late, so I was only able to get 3 sanded down, and primed with Rustoleum gray primer before it was time to call it a night.

I hope to have the rims done by Monday, so I can put the tires back on the rims, and set the Mirage back on the ground again. I will also try to get the tranny gear oil changed out, and the motor tuned up by then. CAIO!

1 comment:

  1. I think its good idea at present day usage of product …..
    Wheels And Tires

    ReplyDelete